Storefront Signage Guidelines
The addition of new signage is important in making our downtown vibrant and welcoming.
Signage Guidelines from Main Street Iowa:
It is important to convey your personal brand or business image in a manner that is simple and unique. As you decide how to express the identification and personality of your business, there are several considerations for your signage. The Main Street program offers materials, resources and free design assistance through Main Street Iowa if requested. Here are some design elements to consider:
• Blade signs
• Projecting signs
• Transom signs
• Wall Signs
• Logos and branding
• Location, shape and proportion, size, style of Lettering and lighting
MSCR Sign Design Guidelines:
• Constructed of durable, weather resistant material
• Professionally crafted
• Mounted at least 12 feet above sidewalk as measured from the bottom edge of the sign if a projecting sign
• Mounted at least 8 feet above sidewalk as measured from bottom edge of the sign if a wall mount/cabinet sign
• Mounted at least two feet back from the curb as measured from the outside edge of the sign if projecting sign
• Projecting signs may project to a maximum distance of 5 feet from a building with a maximum thickness of 2 feet
• Projecting signs may not have any flashing, blinking, rotating, or moving part, except to denote public service information similar to a "time/temperature" portion, which must be at least 12 feet above grade.
• All signs must comply with City codes and zoning requirements.
For More Information/Questions:
Contact the Main Street Director at 712-999-4769 or [email protected]
406 Main Street, Coon Rapids, IA 50058
406 Main Street, Coon Rapids, IA 50058 | 712-999-GROW | [email protected]