Main Street Iowa Challenge Grant
Main Street Iowa and the Iowa Economic Development Authority has announced the availability of Main Street Iowa Challenge Grants to be made available in the fall of 2020. This funding is provided from a state appropriation for the Main Street Iowa Program to assist with improving the physical and economic health of the designated Main Street districts. This state appropriation will allow Main Street Iowa to offer matching Challenge Grants to participating communities for vertical infrastructure projects.
All Iowa Main Street districts, including Main Street Coon Rapids, are eligible to apply for the Main Street Challenge Grant funds. Main Street Coon Rapids may apply on behalf of ONE project. Eligible projects must be within our district boundary. State awards will be dispersed to chosen beneficiaries by the local Main Street Coon Rapids organization. If interested in learning more and applying for this grant opportunity, please contact Main Street Coon Rapids Executive Director, Katie Mason, by email at [email protected] or by calling 712-999-GROW.
Click here to download the Main Street Coon Rapids Local Application, due June 30, 2020.
Main Street Iowa Award Amount: $15,000 - $75,000
- Grantee must be a business within the Main Street District
- Grantee must show community support evidenced by the local contributing effort (1:1 match)
- Grantee agrees to complete designated project within 24 months
Eligible Projects (not limited to these):
- Façade Improvements (front, rear and side)
- Upper floor interior rehabilitation
- Structural repairs/improvements
- Code compliance
- First floor interior rehabilitation
- Energy efficiency/sustainability improvements
- Single specific phase of a large rehab. The project must have a specific defined focus and clearly identifiable start/end dates and milestones for completion
406 Main Street, Coon Rapids, IA 50058 | 712-999-GROW | [email protected]