Purpose: To strengthen and broaden the economic base of the Main Street District.
- Christmas in July promotion
- Gather businessowners to listen, learn and create connection through Rotary participation (Thursday at noon)
- Host two business-oriented trainings (Succession planning, Employee recruitment, Employee training, Customer service, How to start a new business, marketing, social media, finding employees, creating and maintaining websites if applicable, making sales through websites if applicable, Website/eCommerce training, Get businesses to have a web presence)
Ongoing Program Activities
- Encourage and incentivize shopping local day to day
- Business Succession Planning
- Business Visits
- Collect and distribute basic market data (including available downtown properties)
- First Dollar Presentation/ribbon cutting to new businesses
- Maintain list of properties for sale/lease and update building and business inventory (July 2023)
- Open 4 Business application: start discussions with businesses in January
- Publish newspaper articles for business anniversaries
- Recruit businesses to fill vacancies
- Research available funding sources and share with investors/developers
- Share district’s investment statistics with stakeholders on regular basis (city council, board, businesses, etc.)
- Work to keep an eye on problematic or derelict properties.
- Culinary Contract: Revamp and create new goals
- Get businesses to have consistent hours, extended ours and coordinated hours so everyone is open at the same time.
- Create incentives for buildings and new/expanding businesses
- Share pros of 2nd story housing with business owners.
- Market our needs for new businesses and vacant buildings to new businesses.
To volunteer or for more information contact Chair Joe Stitz