- Improve the physical appearance/infrastructure downtown, focus on improving streetscape elements and derelict properties.
- Seek out new and administer current façade funding programs (i.e. Challenge Grant, Catalyst Grant, CDBG-CV Grant)
- Take steps to implement targeted improvements to downtown streetscape functionality and appearance (stormwater management, street amenities, lighting, etc.)
- Consider ways to activate downtown vacant lots and greenspaces
- Create a healthy business climate. Focus on strengthening current businesses and recruiting new businesses to fill voids in the marketplace.
- Business succession efforts
- Encourage and facilitate business cooperation/interaction efforts
- Fill downtown empty spaces and storefronts
- Work with building owners to improve and market available spaces
- Work with local/regional/state partners to develop incentives
- Housing. Improve the existing housing market to provide quality upper story housing options to address the current void in housing options available in the community.
- Complete an intensive survey of upper story spaces
- Work with current owners of downtown buildings to incentivize upper story housing development
- Create volunteerism enthusiasm and engagement
Click on the following links to see each focus team's 2023 plan of action.
406 Main Street, Coon Rapids, IA 50058 | 712-999-GROW | [email protected]